http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: The bricks...

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The bricks...

I never posted a photo of the area off the basement that I bricked earlier this summer with the bricks I pulled up from the old walkway. Here it is:


Look at that level grade. Like a pro!


From the front. I put just regular sand in between the bricks, not the more expensive super sand. It looks so good!

On another note, check this out:


Fried lard bits. OMG, so good. They're going into a dish very soon. There are some things that I've learned from the Austrians that I will be forever grateful for. I believe Nick calls this "grammeln."

Also, no bake cookies have been a regular around here lately. For this recipe, I cut the sugar in half and added slivered almonds. Also a winner. This will be going in the lunchboxes all week, or possibly all year.


Off to hair night. That's the weekly shampoo, brush, and dry ritual. Takes FOREVER.

3 comments:

Oma said...

Grammel! Shame on you! (Aren't they good, though?!)

Desiree said...

Soooo good! Especially when they're still warm. They're from a huge smoked ham one of my students' dad's gave me, which came from the pig they had last year. I brought the fat bits home for the dogs (that was the plan anyway), then fried them up and decided they were too delicious for the dogs!

Oma said...

I hope you shared them with Moxie and Marley, though ...