http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=1755139666841541603 about a dream: One sick pumpkin

Sunday, March 8, 2015

One sick pumpkin

and another that might be getting sick.

Poor Nina's been feeling miserable since Friday. High fever, runny nose, sore throat, and general misery. I'm giving her ibuprofen every 6 hours, and for that hour or so when it's at peak concentration in her bloodstream, she tends to feel ok and manages to eat a little. Other than that, it's just rest and the occasional sip of gatorade.

Maggie woke up this morning with a cough and a froggy voice. Hopefully this is the worst of it for her as she hasn't really tanked yet, but we'll see.

I've made some chicken soup for the both of them. I'm a good mom, that's why.

Not according to Maggie. This afternoon she told me that sometimes I'm a jerk. I forgot why, I'll ask her.

Oh yes, she says "they're both sick (not true, Maggie's nowhere NEAR as sick as Nina), and I'm asking Maggie to do things that I'm not asking Nina to do (like, put her dirty dishes in the sink, zomg)." So, yeah, big jerky stuff. I'm a monster.

No comments: